Thursday, February 21, 2008

THE boards.....

the all consuming bits of rubbish.

WHY do i need to know the manner of preparation of propionic acid?

I am SICK and tired of mugging up the clauses of Biodiversity Act, 2002.

Do I really need to analyse whether Ramgupt ( some freaky Gupta king...) did really exist or was he just made up for the torture we face while reading the book "चन्द्रगुप्त विक्रमादित्य " written in excruiciatingly difficult Hindi by प्राकाश नगयाच???

Why can't Environmental Education be a practical subject? Is it really useful to study how we can help prevent air pollution without practising any of it?? Does that honestly serve any purpose?

Must I learn off by heart the salaries and allowances of the Supreme Court judges?

And I wonder why I am here blogging seven days before my boards.......
I really ought to get a little more serious.....
It just doesn't seem to be happening...

well...
i better vanish now!

*disappears with a twirl of her lacy skirts*

bleh!

5 comments:

  1. Ahem!

    Chandragupt has the easiest language you'll even encounter.

    Try reading Premchand. (the novels , not the short stories)

    And Civics is nice! yes , even the salaries of supreme court judges and EVEN the qualifications.

    i MISS civ! and history and geography. (especially topo)

    *sigh* the good old days...

    don't you DARE crib child!
    you have it easy!

    that said, you have my sympathies

    and

    what question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me here.
    You'll regret bothering so much.

    Just go out there and do your thing.

    But I guess I know where this blog-post came from. We've all been through questioning the need to know something. And we're right on occasion, but most of what you learn in 10th Grade makes you who you are later.

    @Verma: Yes, I miss social studies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Topo!
    NOT History!
    I was pretty bad at it, but still managed to cross 90 in the boards.
    See? The boards will be simple. It's only hyped. The hype is one major similarity between Karan Johar movies and writing the ICSE boards, trust me.

    But I guess everyone cribs - till it's all done. You'll realise soon how futile all that cribbing was.

    Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete